Hide Your Tracks
These guidelines will help you cover your tracks on your computer. Do not save the address of this website or bookmark it in your website’s browser. Remember the website address in stead.
To remove your tracks from the computer, you have to delete the history in your web browser. This information is created when you visit websites and is stored on your computer. Every browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari) creates this information differently.
Find out where the history is stored in your web browser.
Clearing web browser histories in this way will delete ALL histories of visited websites. If you are concerned that someone may be checking up on your Internet usage, the absence of all files and history may appear suspicious.
Before closing the Browser AFTER you have left this site:
PC Windows - Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools in the menu bar.
- Open the Internet Options Dialog Box and select the General Tab.
- Under Browsing History, click Delete. Check the "Temporary Internet Files", "Cookies", and "History" checkboxes if they are not already and click Delete.
- Click OK to exit the Internet Options Dialog Box.
PC Windows – Netscape
Select the Edit in the menu bar, then select the Preference.
- Under the Category, select Navigator. Then click Clear History.
- Under the Category, select Cache under Advanced. First click the Clear Memory Cache followed by the Clear Disk Cache.
- Click "Tools" - "Options"
- When the "Options" dialog box appears, click "Privacy".
- Click the "History" tab.
- Click "Clear Browsing History Now".
- Press "OK" to close the dialog box.
Finally, after completed the above deletions, you should also empty the recycle bin.
- Select History in the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Scroll down to Clear History and select this option
- Select CLEAR when a new window pops up.